Professional Acne Scar Treatments In Milwaukee
Medical Spa Treatments to Remove Acne Scars
For those that has suffered with chronic mild to severe acne, the only thing worse than treating the acne is dealing with the unsightly scars that can remain long after the acne has gone. Fortunately, there are several different medical spa options for treating acne scarring, including:
- Mixto CO2 Therapy- This laser treatment will smooth out both acne scars and wrinkles by vaporizing the most superficial layers of the skin.
- Micro Needling - This treatment uses fine needles to generate smoother and fuller skin by using your own collegen and elastin
- Dermal Fillers- An esthetician uses a small needle to inject the dermal filler under the scar to make skin appear more even.
- Chemical Peels- Chemical peels fade acne scars with a chemical solution that allows new skin to resurface.
- Dermaplaning- During this treatment, an esthetician will remove superficial layers of acne scars with a handheld device called a dermatome.
- Microdermabrasion- During microdermabrasion an esthetician will exfoliate the face with inert crystals to remove dirt, oil and dead skin cells.
- Acne Scar Surgery- This last-resort treatment is invasive and involves a physician physically removing the scar tissue from the affected area.
Benefits of Getting Acne Scar Treatments
- Mixto CO2 Therapy- This painless laser therapy only takes around 30 minutes and
- Dermal Fillers- Dermal fillers require no down time and results are visible instantly.
- Chemical Peels- Chemical peels fade acne scars and improve the overall look and feel of the skin.
- Dermaplaning- Dermaplaning is non-invasive and can be done in combination with other treatments like a chemical peel or a facial.
- Microdermabrasion- This treatment is great for revitalizing dull skin, erasing acne scars and reducing pigment irregularities (hyper-pigmentation).
- Acne Scar Surgery- Although the surgery is invasive and requires significant downtime, patients are almost always experience an effective removal of the acne scar.
Acne Scar Treatment Recovery Time & Side Effects
Recovery time and side effects for acne scar treatments will vary based on the method chosen.